Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Holidays?

"Better late than never!" Is that true, do you think? For me I am a believer in that phrase in all facets of life! It is never too late for you to do anything you really want to do. Just put your mind to it and you can accomplish anything.

Today I am talking about the Christmas Spirit. I was a bit down in the dumps about the holiday's this year. It seems like life was getting to me. My car broke down and who knows what it is going to cost to repair. I ended a very bad relationship, which is both good and bad. I miss seeing him, but I do not miss the anxiety, depression, stress and problems he managed to bring out in me. I have had nothing but emotional and financial problems for the last couple of months. It makes it very hard to get into the spirit of the holidays when your life seems to be crumbling about you.

"Better late than never!" I took that to heart this morning and just decided to get up and dust myself off. Stop feeling sorry for myself. Stop worrying that I do not have money to spend on my family. Today I started thinking of ways I can make the holidays better and happy for myself and those around me. I started cleaning the kitchen really thoroughly preparing to make some holiday cookies. That is a cheap and easy way to spread cheer. I am going to make my famous raspberry cookies, some chocolate chip, sugar, peanut butter, and some pineapple cookies. I figure I will buy some of those cheap aluminum throw away pans from the store and make up cookie packages for the people on my list. Tomorrow I will post the recipes for the raspberry and the pineapple cookies to share them with the world wide web.

"Better late than never!" Remember this when you are thinking, I am too old, it is silly of me to want, I could not learn that now, or any other excuse you want to make. It is never to late to start trying to make your life what you want it to be. Just decide to do something and then take steps to make it happen. It can happen. You can do it!

Happy holidays to all. I hope those of you who get the cookies enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment