Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Right to Keep on Trying

I reserve the right to keep on trying until I finally succeed. Today I am once again starting a diet and exercise program. I have done this many times in my life with differing amounts of success. I believe that you can never fail until you finally quit and stop trying. I have battled the weight problem my whole life. I thought I had finally beaten it for good until in late 2005 I became ill and in January I was diagnosed with a major illness. This brought on a depression that has been hounding me for years. With the depression I fell into old eating habits and also the health issues made it difficult to continue my fit lifestyle. Over the last four years I have tried and failed to get back on track. Today is "The Day"! I am once again going to start healthy eating and fitness activity.

I am going to use an eating diary. I know it is tedious and time consuming, but it is also very revealing. It will help me to really think about everything I put into my mouth. My current weight is 305 pounds. I plan to lose 80 pounds over this next year. It is also my intention to go to the fitness center at least 4 times a week and work on the elliptical machine. It is a great fitness machine for those of us with feet and knee problems (no impact).

It is important to both eat right and get regular exercise. I think exercise should be a regular part of everyone's life. It is difficult for many of us because of health issues, but at the same time it is also very good for you and will more than likely improve your life and make it easier to deal with those health issues.

So once again I am going to make the effort. I reserve the right to keep on trying until I finally succeed!

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to try and write more blogs...just sayin';)

    ReplyDelete